Palace Gate has just launched a bespoke property management service for older relatives. It is designed to suite individual needs but will also include access for members to a wider network with community activities such as walks, talks, companionship and skill exchanges.
The service is intended to provide much needed assistance to the “Sandwich Generation” those with older parents and young children based in Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge & Belgravia.
Healthier lifestyles and better medical care have resulted in increased life expectancy.
In an era when the population is living 20% longer and “University of the Third Age” is offering older relatives the chance to go back to school, we thought it was high time for a property management service to cater to the needs of these Mature relatives.
We can look after all those frustrating property management issues while encouraging them to go out and be part of a community.
Older relatives often feel like a burden and/or feel isolated. But for many, this is the perfect time for them to share their skills and learn new ones and we can provide them with the support that they need.
The service will include but is not limited to:
- Utility payment and price check
- Mail Management
- Setting up technology (broadband, wifi & Alexa etc)
- Making sure safety certificates for gas & electricity are up to date
- Arranging servicing for boilers and respond to property problems
- We will hold keys and offer pre-arrival and post departure services for those who use their properties as pied a terres
- Access for members to our lifestyle services, community activities & initiatives
10 % of the proceeds from this service will be donated to the Silver Line Charity
The Helpline offers information, friendship and advice to older people 24/7. It is free and available all over the UK.
T: 0800 4 70 80 90.
Silver Line was set up by Dame Esther Rantzen in November 2013 following the huge success of Child Line.
Palace Gate manages all aspects of property ownership and complex lifestyles.